Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Decade

I was reminded a few weeks ago that this month is the 10th anniversary of one of the most life-changing events I've ever experienced. Now I am 26, so I hope to heavens that there are more life-changers ahead. But honestly, MSA will likely never fall from the top 5 or 6.

In a nutshell, the Missouri Scholars Academy is a 3-week program for students about to enter their junior year of high school. 330 gifted students. Eating, living, and experiencing together, all on the MU campus. And holy shiz, I've never met so many truly brilliant individuals in my life.

I thought I might die when it was over. Ahh, nostalgia. A DECADE.

Before I start crying MSA-shaped tears, I'll move onto other things in my life that make me weep for lesser reasons.
  1. I'm surviving work. 60 hours down, 240 to go.
  2. I'm surviving school. 2 weeks down, 6 to go.
  3. ...
Well, that may be it. My good ol' friend Brian actually constructed me a pie chart of my activities. And I told him after seeing it graphically that I had no right to scratch and moan if sleeping took up so much of my pie. Granted, I have taken a hit in the sleep department, but still. I'm doing alright. This kid is alright.

What's up on the board for today? Funny you ask. There is a friendly intra-affiliate CrossFit competition this morning and I am signed up. My CF mojo has been missing for quite awhile, so this could be good. Or really really bad.

WOD 1: Thruster Ladder – Women starting at 65lbs; Men 105lbs
WOD 2: “The 100′s” – 100 Pull-Ups, 100 KB Swings (55/35lb), 100 Double Unders, 100 Overhead Squats (95/65lb)
The Top 5 Male and Female Athletes Will Advance to the Final Event
WOD 3: 20 calorie row, 30 burpees facing the plate, 40 DB ground to overhead anyway (45/35lb), 50 toes to bar, 100ft overhead walking lunge (45/25lb), 150ft Sprint.

See you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment