Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What's in a day?

Hello friends,

A few months ago, I wanted to construct a pie chart depicting the ways in which I spend my week. I figured a hefty portion would go to school and studying, another hefty portion would go to working out, blah blah blah. It got old real quick, mostly because it started involving estimating things and by golly, if I was going to put together a graphic, it was going to be accurate, dammit.

I think I could do this now that it's summertime and my days are quite scheduled, almost pristinely in fact. So to break it all down:

There are 168 hours in a week.

30 are spent working.
10 are spent running, riding, CrossFitting, Attacking, and RPMing.
56 are spent sleeping.
14 are spent driving.
6 are spent cooking.
8-10 are spent studying or sitting in class.

I don't care what the remainder is. I'm sure about 100 are spent on eating. The point is that it would make a lovely chart. And the sub-point is that I am busy, and I may have bitten off more than I can chew. And that means I must chew faster.

Wish me luck, comrades. The next 10 weeks will be awesomely gruesome.

Sincerely,
Your fast-chewing pal
Amber

2 comments:

  1. Good choice on not completing that pie chart. You would have to color in a portion that was labeled "time spent making pie charts".

    I think my pie chart would have things like:

    3 hours reading children's books while compiling mental lists
    5 hours consciously averting talking in baby talk
    ... and other noble tasks like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can accurately include that 168 of those hours you are being awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete